Friday, September 5, 2014

RSVP 1

This summer was my first time riding the RSVP ride from Seattle to Vancouver BC.  I did STP (Seattle to Portland) a couple years ago and my bike had been mostly collecting dust since then so I decided I needed to sign up for another organized ride.  RSVP (Ride from Seattle to Vancouver and Party) is 188 miles with a stop for 2 day riders like myself in Bellingham.  We've had a beautiful summer and training for the ride involved lots of sunny day riding.  On August 15th, Day 1 of the ride, our luck with the weather ran out and it rained for about the first 50 miles, quite heavily at times.  My friend said she felt like someone was pouring a bucket of water on her as we rode down a big hill in Woodinville.  Still we enjoyed the ride and Sunday the weather was slightly better with only some light rain.  The weather cleared up by the time we reached Vancouver and we enjoyed spending Sunday walking around the city and taking the train back to Seattle.
Views from Chuckanut

Getting to the top of the hill before Bellingham

No comments:

Post a Comment